Every year at this time, we begin to evaluate our goals and where we are in life. In truth, we also due this on a smaller scale, 52 two times a year at the beginning of every week. The New Year however, is somehow different. What are you looking forward to achieving, completing, or beginning as we embark on the new year? Are you clear on what those goals are? Have you taken the time to think about them? Do you have the confidence to push through fear and obstacles and achieve all that you desire?
The short answer to that last question is YES. And in the new year, you’ll find that our Monday Moments begin to focus solely on leadership confidence… whether you merely lead you or a group of talented others. However for now, there are a few things to keep in mind when strategizing for what your new year will look like.
1. Take the time to reevaluate. Give yourself credit for what you have done, how far you have come and how you may have grown.
2. Look at the top three things you wish to have, do, see, or feel differently than what you have now or experience now.
3. Take those three things and break them down into smaller steps. Think about what you can do today to enact progress on one of those things.
4. Make a note, a poster, an affirmation, or a statement of your three desires and post them somewhere that you can see them or read them or both daily
5. Recognize that obstacles will happen and things will happen that take you off course. The key to achieving long term desires is long term focus.
6. You have the internal fortitude to make happen anything that you can clearly imagine. You may not have all the skills or resources just yet, but you can learn and find those. Believing in your own abilities comes first.
Have a wonderful New Year and I look forward to sharing Leadership Confidence with you in 2010. Thank you for being a part of our Monday Moment listeners and of course, Stay Contagious!