Good morning and Happy Monday!
I’m Monica Wofford and this is your Monday Moment.
Ever wonder what leading means, exactly?
You ever find we make leadership complicated and seem to create an abundance of meanings in the process? Leadership CAN be simple. In fact, every leadership training program from Contagious Companies, for example, embodies these simple principles:
- Everyone can be a leader. It depends on who you are leading.
- Leadership is NOT something you must be BORN with. Instead, it CAN be learned and developed.
- Learning leadership takes desire, skills, and practice. Miss any of those three and you’ll still be learning, just not leading.
What may be missing in clarity on meanings is a true definition.
- Take a moment to get REAL clear on what leadership means to YOU, especially when it’s the title on your name tag?
- What does it mean to be a “good leader”?
- What does it take to lead and lead well in your current position with your current team members?
Answer those questions and you’ll have given more thought to your role and clarity of the concept than most have since their promotion. LOL. If you break it down and get specific, leadership CAN be fairly simple. That doesn’t mean it’s easy, but it gets easier when everyone is operating on the same definition, so stay tuned to these weekly Monday Moments and share these tips and moments with those you have the privilege of leading.
I’m Monica Wofford and that’s your Monday Moment.
See you next week for more… talk on Leadership.